Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Why I Haven't Blogged in Quite Some Time

Over the past few months, God has been growing me up into the image of Christ, but I came to the realization a few months ago that, frankly, I wasn't qualified to preach to other people because (1) my knowledge of God's Word was not sufficient and (2) I was not applying God's Word to my life and really fighting my sin.  I am slowly achieving greater success over my sin, but there is still a long way to go.  I've decided to begin posting again, however, and the first post should be coming up soon.  I'm studying 2 Thessalonians right now, and I'll be covering the four prayers Paul exhorts us to.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Colin,

Don't fall into the trap of thinking that you must always reveal a profound or deep truth when posting on your blog.

For fellow travelers, such as myself, we take comfort in sharing the journey of life together, all the way from the mountaintop of profound wisdom to the valley of questioning and struggle, as well as the regularity of an average day.

Here's to the journey, we already know the destination.

Andrew said...

i know what you mean, bro. we're all unworthy of preaching to anyone! but hey, if the Holy Spirit wants to speak through you, let Him. you know? well, i'm glad you're fighting sin and God is working in you. That's great news! I hope you have a great Christmas season.

God bless,
Tim