Tuesday, May 27, 2008

A Pardoned Sinner

Over at the Desiring God blog, Jon Bloom has a great article on the pardoned adulteress of John 8.

But God the Son simply said, “Neither do I condemn you.”

How could he possibly say that? If God violates his own commandment, we have a huge problem. Is God unjust?

Absolutely not. God fully intended for this sin of adultery to be punished to the full extent of his law. But she would not bear her punishment. She would go free. This young teacher would be punished for her.


Read the whole thing.

1 comment:

Ben said...

Oh yes, that is probably one of my favorite, bible "stories" if you will. I like the way the post was written, it evidently show the saving grace of Christ. I think I should, every time my sin has been revealed to me, think of this truth.