Thursday, January 10, 2008

The Freedom of Christ

There is therefore now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus. For the law of the Spirit of life has set you free in Christ Jesus from the law of sin and death.--Romans 8:1-2 (ESV)

When I realize my sin, and all I can think about is how I have despised, defied, and rebelled against the Lord, this is the passage I come to most often.  Listen to its message: There is no condemnation!  I have been set free in Christ Jesus, so I have no guilt!  Not only that, but the power of sin over me has been broken.  The Spirit has, by the cross, set me free from the kingdom of darkness.  These are glorious truths!  No longer do I face eternal punishment and torment; no longer do I face unconquerable sin.  By Jesus' death and the Spirit's work in my life, I am set free from all uncleanness.  Praise God!

1 comment:

Andrew said...

good stuff bro...

-tim